Support

All rights reserved:

© Громадське Телебачення, 2013-2026.

Russian jet-powered drones collapse five-story building in Konotop, kill two in Dnipro in overnight strikes

Russian forces struck the town of Konotop in Sumy Oblast and the city of Dnipro with jet-powered drones overnight into Wednesday, destroying a residential building, killing at least two people and wounding several others, local administrations reported.

In Konotop, a five-story apartment building was destroyed in the attack, with residents trapped beneath the rubble. A search and rescue operation was underway.

Mayor Artem Semenikhin said countless windows and doors had been blown out across homes and administrative buildings, including the city's central district hospital. A local museum was also destroyed, he said.

Semenikhin confirmed casualties, with the death toll still being determined.

"We have pulled three people from the rubble so far — there aren't enough ambulances, so we took them to the hospital in civilian vehicles," the mayor said. The regional administration reported at least six people wounded.

In Dnipro, at least two people were killed and six wounded as of the morning hours, with five hospitalized. A man and a woman were reported in serious condition.

The regional administration reported that food storage warehouses were damaged in the strike on Dnipro.